We believe that every child deserves a childhood that allows the child to be successful in early years, in school and as an adult. Property, neglect, abuse, violence, separation from parents and learning disabilities greatly inhibit the potential of the child to become happy, successful and contributing citizens in America. Through our program, Pride Academy®, in partnership with the family, enables children to reach their potential. For more than five years, the agency has been a leader in providing a full range of services for children who are desperately in need.
“Believe to action” statement of the early childhood program
The staff of Pride Academy® childcare believes:
- Every child deserves a childhood and has the right to reach his or her full potential.
- All children have the ability to learn and deserve to be taught and care for his individuals.
- Children learn by example – adults who work with and live with young children should recognize themselves as models.
- Learning and living go hand-in-hand and cannot be separated.
- Children are naturally curious and this disposition should be fostered a respected.
- The value and dignity of each child and family should be respected.
Because we hold these believes, we strive to do the following:
- facilitate the learning and understanding of social skills and life rules.
- provide a rich environment for each child to progress in their social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills so that they can completely function in society.
- incorporate personal and social development, language, music, art, mathematics, science, social studies, physical development, health in the daily activities and experiences.
- recognize behavior of children as communication, use these behaviors to further understand each child and teach them to approach situations in a positive manner.
- ensure that each child is made to feel safe, secure and loved.
- provide experiences that engage children’s natural curiosity and encourage them to want to learn more about their world and themselves.
- learn about our children and families interest, talents and needs so we may be able to serve them to the best of our abilities.