What is Montessori? Founded in 1907 by Dr. Maria Montessori, the Montessori Method is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children. A Montessori environment provides a joyous, purposeful education experience that has been time-tested, with over 100 years of success in diverse cultures throughout the world.
Pride (Montessori) Mission: to nurture the potential of the whole child and cultivate the growth of a diverse international community by providing a respectful, peaceful Montessori environment that promotes academic excellence.
We strive to inspire the whole child – cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally. In our authentic Montessori/Pride environment, we engage each child’s natural curiosity. Our students learn how to learn, becoming independent thinkers, and discovering a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
Program Goals: Our authentic Montessori/Pride program is designed to develop independent thinkers who are respectful, responsible citizens, achieving success in school and in life. Our teachers are known as Lead Teachers and ‘guides,’ and our engaging program:
– Allows children to teach and learn from each other.
– Facilitates the guides concentration on the individual rather than grade norms.
– Allows a consistent environment and guide/student relationship over a five-year period.
– Provides and encourages a sense of community.
– Permits the development of a family spirit in the classroom.
Science, Botany, Zoology
Children in a Montessori/Pride environment learn by making discoveries with materials, cultivating concentration, motivation, and joyful learning. Developmentally appropriate goals are set for each of our programs, ensuring each child is challenged to reach his or her individual potential.
Young Scholar’s Community (Ages: 6 weeks to 36 months)
Provides activities appropriate for even the earliest stages of a child’s development. The first few years of a child’s life are critical to personality and intellectual development. Infants and toddlers receive emotional nurturing in a safe, joyful environment which promotes their very real need to learn.
Primary Scholars (Ages: 3 to 5 Years)
All senses are engaged as children began to experience the excitement of learning. Consist of five main areas including practical life, sensorial, language, mathematics and cultural studies. Emphasis is placed on understanding the world around us, forming a positive self image, and respecting all life.
Elementary (Ages: 5 to 12 Years)
Comprised of lower elementary 1st-3rd grade and upper elementary 4th-6th grade—each lead by a Lead Teacher/AMI trained Elementary guide along with implementation of Cosmic Education, the program features outside classroom space, dual language component, and a diverse environment celebrating the richness of our multicultural community.
Why select Pride Academy?
While the academic achievements are proven and remarkable, the true value of our authentic pride environment goes beyond academics to self-discipline, confidence, and a love of learning. Our nurturing staff is as diverse as our student and family population, and our unique international emphasis builds a sense of community and global awareness. We inspire students to become respectful citizens, self-motivated leaders, and lifelong enthusiastic learners through:
– Accredited by NAEYC (National Association for the Education Of Young Children
– Engaging academic experiences where learned is achieved through discovery with all five senses.
– Paths to Quality – Level 4
– Children of varying ages working together in the same classroom, encouraging mentors and leaders while stimulating academic and social growth.
– Enrichment through language, critical thinking, STEaM based learning, and a unique and diverse cultural studies program.
– Students learning at their own pace, realizing their highest individual potential.
– We believe in early intervention at all ages.
A Safe, Inspirational Learning Environment
– Bright, spacious classrooms well equipped with Pride/Montessori materials for joyful, purposeful learning.
– Intimate, secure, and peaceful campus with various indoor/outdoor experiences to discover.
– Strong parent involvement with open, ongoing communication. Parents play in a central role in the success of Pride Academy.
– Secure facility, keyless entry, and security camera monitoring system.
– Emergency response plan is developed by the Executive Director.