Emergencies and Medication Procedures
Your child’s health as a matter of importance to all of us here at Pride Academy®. Your child may be sent home if he/she appears to have symptoms of illness during the day. No child should be brought to childcare when there are signs of communicable illness or when the child is too sick or uncomfortable to participate in a regular activities. Children should not attend or will be sent home if they;
- Feel too sick to participate in school activities.
- Have other symptoms that make it hard to take care of them at school such as; vomiting, diarrhea, pinkeye, and/or a bad cough.
- Have symptoms of possible communicable disease (these are usually persistent sniffles, red and ice, sore throat, headache, abdominal pain, and unusually lethargic behavior).
- Have a fever at or above 101°.
- To avoid the spread of viruses, children should be fever free for 24 hours.
- Have head lice or nits.
Pride Academy® may give over-the-counter medication only to those children who have a medication order form completed and signed by the parent(s) and physician. Parents are required to complete any emergency information form. In case of accidental injury, every attempt will be made to contact the parent. If we cannot reach you and alternative emergency contact will be reach. You will be expected to assume responsibility of any resultant expense. It is to your child’s benefit that you make sure Pride Academy® has up to date phone numbers, addresses, and other potential information.